This Privacy Statement describes how Waya (“this mobile application”, “we”, “us” and “our”) collects, uses and discloses your personal information. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly defined or limited under applicable The United States privacy legislation. This Privacy Statement applies to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information about our consumer and business customers and other individuals we deal with in The United States (“you” and “your”). This Privacy Statement does not apply to information about our employees or to information that is not personal information.
- The service (this website) is powered and hosted by Waya. During the registration on the website, you are registering with Waya.
- Your funds are controlled at all times by Waya. The funds for your money transfer will be deducted and processed by Waya.
- The website is being operated by the AFFILIATE who is a marketing agent of this service. AFFILIATE does NOT at any point of time hold your funds in its account or wallet including your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This website collects personal information about you from a variety of sources in the course of providing money transfer and payment services and related products and services we provide. Personal information we collect and the sources of such personal information include the following:
- We collect personal information when you ask us to send or receive money or to provide other goods or services, provided by telephone, online at our Website, through paper-based forms or at our agent locations. This personal information may include identities and contact information of senders and recipients of money transfers or payments, credit card, banking or other billing information, birth dates and other personal identifiers, “out of wallet” questions used to verify your identity for security and fraud prevention purposes, identification number and amounts paid or transferred.
- We collect personal information when you submit personal information on applications or other forms to us or our affiliates, including in connection with sending and receiving money transfers, through your enrolment and participation in loyalty programs and when you provide additional information we may reasonably request for fraud prevention purposes.
- We collect information about your transactions with us, including transaction history, such as frequency of use and amounts transferred.
- In connection with identify verification, fraud prevention and similar security purposes, we collect and/or confirm certain identity-related information, financial background and similar information through third parties sources such as our business customers, government agencies and consumer reporting agencies;
- We collect information regarding your online activity as described in the section below titled “INTERNET TECHNOLOGY.”
- We may collect personal information otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
This website generally uses personal information in the course of its money transfer, payment and related services and products for the following purposes:
- Authorizing and processing your transactions, including effecting and administering money transfers and payments and ensuring proper payment to the designated recipient of funds.
- Collecting amounts owing to us, and otherwise enforcing and collecting on your accounts or agreements with us.
- Meeting legal, regulatory, risk management, fraud prevention and security requirements, which may include (among other measures) verifying the identity of the sender and recipient of funds and checking identities against money laundering, terrorist financing or similar watch lists established by regulatory agencies or similar bodies in The United States, the United States or in other countries. For identity verification purposes, senders and recipients of money transfers or payments may be required to produce valid identification [or consent to verification by other means] before releasing funds.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, unless you “opt out” or withdraw consent to this purpose, as described in the section entitled “Offers, Promotions and Opting Out” below.
- Maintaining business and transaction records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our business.
- In connection with certain business transactions relating to “www.getwaya.com”, its business or assets, as further described in the section entitled “Information We Disclose” below.
- Meeting insurance, audit and processing requirements.
- Otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates and to unaffiliated third parties in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement as follows:
- To Provide Services. In order to process and complete requested money transfers and payments, we may disclose personal information to the recipient of a money transfer or payment, to our local affiliates at the sender’s or receiver’s location, as applicable, to authorized agents (both at the sender’s and the recipient’s location), and, if applicable, the recipient and any intermediary banks or other financial institutions or financial services companies involved in the transaction or our services.
- Business Partners. Some of our services or programs that you participate in are provided jointly with other third party business partners, and certain personal information may be disclosed to these third party businesses for the purpose of administering the service or program.
- Marketing Purposes. We may disclose personal information to third parties for marketing and promotional purposes, unless you “opt out” or withdraw consent to this disclosure, as described in the section entitled “Offers, Promotions and Opting Out” below.
- Service Providers. This website may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates of Waya acting in this capacity) that perform services on our behalf, for example marketing, information technology and/or data hosting or processing services. Some of these service providers or affiliates may be located outside of in the United States, and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States or elsewhere outside of The United States for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to ensure that personal information that may be processed by these service providers on our behalf is protected and not used or disclosed for purposes other than as directed by us, subject to legal requirements in the United States and other foreign countries applicable to this website, affiliates, agents and service providers, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
- Business Transactions. Your personal information may be used by this website and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets (including, for example, your service account with us), for purposes related to the evaluation and performance of these transactions, including:
- Permitting such parties to evaluate and determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction, and
- Fulfilling reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to such parties.
- Successors and assigns of this website and/or its business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as described in this Privacy Statement.
- Legal, Regulatory, etc. Legal, Regulatory, etc. this website may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law (including as required by applicable the United States and foreign laws). This may include lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in the United States and in foreign countries, for example disclosures in compliance with suspicious activity reporting requirements under anti-terrorism, anti-money laundering and similar laws and regulations in the United States or in foreign countries.
OFFERS, PROMOTIONS AND OPTING OUT
This website may use your contact details and information about your use of our services (e.g. frequency, value of money transfer, or destination country) for marketing and solicitation purposes to send you offer promotions or information about additional products and services of this website and our affiliates that may be of interest to you. In addition, this website may disclose your contact details to third parties to permit those organizations to offer and provide information about their products and services that may interest you. These third parties may include, as examples:
- Waya affiliates
- This website
- Authorized Waya agents
- Financial services companies, such as banks, credit card companies, brokerage houses, mortgage lenders and mortgage originators
- Non-financial companies such as retailers, home furnishers, clothing stores, catalogue companies, florists, direct marketers, telephone companies, airlines, publishers and other providers of goods and services.
You may “opt out” or withdraw consent to the use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes described in this section at any time by checking the appropriate box on an online or offline form, if available, or by calling +1-347-813-4765 or otherwise by contacting us as described in “Contact Us” below. If you do not “opt out” or withdraw your consent as described above, we will assume that you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing and solicitation purposes as described in this section.
Some of this website services (for example money transfers) are made available using online forms at this website. Personal information you provide on online forms or by other electronic means will be collected used and disclosed as described generally in this Privacy Statement.
In addition, when visit or use this Web site, we collect information about the domain and host from which you access the Internet; your computer’s Internet address; the browser and operating system software you use; the date and time you access this Web site and the Internet address of the site from which you linked to this Web site when you visit us. We use this information to diagnose, administer and optimize this Web sites and web-related services.
When registering or creating an account at these Web sites, we collect your password and login name and other information we may request in order to identify you, maintain security of this Web site and verify and control access to your account or online profile. If you make inquiries through the e-mail links, forms or other contact methods provided on this Web sites, these inquiries are forwarded to the relevant office or department, and are used to respond to your inquiry and maintain a record of correspondence.
We use Internet technologies like cookies and web beacons to facilitate the services we provide on this Web site and your use of this Web site, including:
- To assist us in providing services to you;
- To allow you to change web pages during your visit without having to re-enter your password;
- To store your preferences and other information and to track activity on our website;
- To better understand the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- To determine whether you came to our site from a banner ad or an affiliate Web site;
- To deliver Information specific to your interests on additional web sites; and
- To determine whether you’ve acted on our promotional messages
A “cookie” is a text file placed on your computer’s hard drive by a web server, which allows for personalization of certain aspects of your visit to that Web site. “Web beacons” are transparent electronic images placed in the web code that collect non-personal data while visiting a web site. Cookies and web beacons can usually be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Your browser usually has documentation on how to disable cookies and web beacons. Note that disabling cookies may limit the performance of this website. If cookies are disabled, certain features of our Web sites may not function properly, and you may not be able to register or use your online account.
Children’s Privacy. This Websites are not directed at children under the age of 13. This website does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information at our Web site from those we actually know are under the age of 13.
External Web sites. This Website may be linked to or from third party Websites. These links are provided as a convenience only, and this website is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of Websites that are linked to or from this Website. You are advised to review the privacy policies of any third party Websites you visit.
Generally, by providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection of your personal information.
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be express (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested). You may provide your consent in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an “opt out” option provided, if any. Consent may be given by your authorized representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney).
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services. Note also that where we have provided or are providing services to you, your consent will be valid for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or otherwise at the time of collection, and you may not be permitted to withdraw consent to certain necessary uses and disclosures (for example, but not limited to, maintaining reasonable business and transaction records, disclosures to The United States and foreign government entities as required to comply with laws, and reporting on credit information after credit has been granted, if applicable).
We may also be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We endeavor to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees, agents, representatives and mandataries that require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
No data transmission over the Internet or the telephone can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure, and any personal information you submit to us or access electronically or over the telephone is done at your own risk, and this website does not guarantee or warrant the security of information transmitted in these manners. You should be aware that third parties may unlawfully intercept your transmissions or may wrongly instruct you to disclose personal information to them while posing as this website and you should exercise caution when providing personal information to any person.
This website record retention policies dictate that we maintain information about you, including your opt-out choices, for a fixed time period. If you do not perform another transaction during the fixed time period, your Information, as well as your opt-out choice will be removed. If you perform another transaction or otherwise provide us with personal information thereafter, you will be afforded another opportunity to opt-out.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
This website may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, which will be accessible at the office in the Contact Us section below. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the mailing address provided below, attention Chief Privacy Officer. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. To protect your privacy and security, we may require additional information to verify your identity when requesting access or correction.
This website reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. You can get updated Privacy Statements by calling us at the telephone number listed above or by visiting this website. We urge you to review this Privacy Statement frequently to obtain the current version. Your continued provision of personal information or use of our services following any changes to this Privacy Statement constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.